Have you ever imagined how cool it would be to use Android for hacking? How amazing would it be if you can code on your phone without having to carry around your laptop? Then you should try TERMUX For PC as it is best app that you should have on your pc.
You can code in different programming languages using different interpreters and even create your very own unique frameworks just on your Android systems, that too without rooting!
Yes, it is possible with the application called Termux. This application has become the number one preference for ethical hacking of Android OS. In this article, let us learn what Termux is and its various applications and get into the basic hacking tools that can be run on it.
WHAT IS TERMUX For PC?
Termux is a terminal emulator application based on the Linux environment for android. A terminal emulator is a program that lets the user access the command-line interface (CLI) in a graphical interface. If you have studied the basics of computers, you must know about the shell and command-line interface.
For those of you who do not know, there are two types of Interfaces used by users to interact with operating systems, namely – GUI (Graphic User Interface) which uses a graphical approach to interact with the operating system and CLI (Command Line Interface) which uses specific commands for the same.
WHY IS TERMUX For Pc USED?
Termux is an application that helps to bring Linux command line experience to users of mobile devices without rooting or any other special setup. There are some misconceptions regarding Termux, mainly one that claims that Termux transforms the Android OS into a hacking machine.
Although Termux is indeed an important platform for ethical hacking and penetration, it is not a standalone application for hacking. Rather it is used to install the real tools that help in penetration testing and other ethical hacking methods.
Many of these tools are CLI based and require the command-line utility to run the scripts for ethical hacking. Since our Android systems are mainly GUI, Termux is used to install these tools so it can easily connect to the backend Linux kernel on which the Android OS is based and permit you to utilize the Linux command line to install and run different scripts.
IS LINUX AND TERMIX SAME?
Termux is not FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard) compliant, unlike the majority of Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Kali, or Debian.
The Termux environment is single-user only, which we need to be careful of so that when executing commands like root, we can avoid messing up permissions and SELinux labels.
Termux and all its packages are installed into $PREFIX/lib and not the standard directories like /bin or /etc.
Last but not the least, files stored in the home directory in Termux are not accessible to other applications and cannot be shared on an sd card either.
APPLICATIONS OF TERMUX For PC
Contrary to the popular notion, Termux is also used for other purposes than hacking into Android OS. Some of them are:
- Data processing with Python.
- Programming in a development environment.
- Downloading and managing files and pages using pre-established tools.
- Learning the basics of the Linux command line environment.
- Running an SSH client.
- Synchronizing and backing up your files.
Other than the uses mentioned above, Termux has many other applications with 1000 packages available. You can also create your very own package using the build tools and compilers for C, C++ that are available. Interpreters for common languages like NodeJS, Python, Ruby are also available.
FEATURES OF TERMUX
Secure: To access remote servers, the ssh client from OpenSSH can be used. A beautiful open source solution is provided by Termux which combines standard packages with accurate terminal emulation
Feature-packed: You can choose between Bash, fish or Zsh and nano, Emacs or Vim. Use grep command to search through your SMS inbox. Access API endpoints with curl and use Rsync to store backups of your contact list on a remote server.
Customizable: Install your required tools through the APT package management system known from Debian and Ubuntu GNU/Linux, also Git and sync your dotfiles.
Explorable: Packages available in Termux are the same as those on Mac and Linux – install main pages on your phone and read them in one session while experimenting with them in another.
With batteries included: Since it can be used for Android OS, it means we can have portable advanced software working on our phone if we want. Like an elegant pocket calculator that is a readline-powered Python console with up-to-date versions of Perl, Python, Ruby, and Node.js all available in our small mobile.
Ready to scale up: Runs on desktops systems too because Termux supports keyboard shortcuts and has full mouse support.
Tinkerable: You can develop new packages by compiling C files with Clang and build your own projects with CMake and pkg-config. Both GDB and strace are available if you get stuck and need to debug.
How To Install TERMUX For PC
- Download BlueStacks from their official website. According to your OS, select the Mac option or the architecture of your Windows system (either 32-bit or 64-bit architecture).
- Run the setup file and keep on clicking on the next button to configure and install the application.
- Open the installed BlueStacks application, and for the first time, the prompt to sign in to your google account appears just like in our Android mobile phones.
- After signing into your Google account, open the Google Play Store in it.
- Now search for “Termux” using the Play Store.
- Install the APK and open the app drawer or all apps in the emulator.
- Click the Termux icon to open it, follow the on-screen instructions to play it.
- You can also download Termux APK and install it through APK in the BlueStacks Android emulator.
- You can also use Andy OS or install Termux for PC.
On opening the application, Termux shows a terminal interface, whose text size can be changed by zooming in or out.
It has the following interfaces:
1. The terminal is where we write and run our commands. It is also used to install all our packages and tools that we require to run the scripts of our choice.
2. The context menu can be accessed by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal. It has copy and paste, font, and color options along with share, reset terminal, exit terminal, and help options.
3. The navigation drawer is visible after swiping inwards from the left part of the screen using our touchpad, or the screen if your laptop has a touchscreen. It keeps a list of sessions, where the title of a session can be specified or changed by long pressing on it, an option to toggle visibility of the touch keyboard (if you are using a mobile), as well as an option to create new terminal sessions.
4. The notification menu has the notification option, where we can perform three tasks: exit all running terminals, use a wake lock to prevent entering sleep mode, and lastly, use a high-performance Wi-Fi lock to increase Wi-Fi performance.
With a wake lock held, the notification and Termux background processes will be available even if no terminal session is running, which allows the server and other background processes to run more reliably.
- Avast Using Too Much CPU
- Discord syntax codes
- Discord screen share not working
- PFN list corrupt
- Skyrim Civil War Overhaul
To provide access to GUI support in Termux, the X11 repository needs to be installed. For that, either VNC viewer or Xserver support should be already installed on your device. VNC viewer is recommended as it is more stable and a better choice when it comes to interacting with a graphical environment. Xserver, although unstable, can save you from the hassle of setting up the VNC server before using the viewer application.
X11 packages are there in a separate APT repository. After either of these programs are installed in your Termux system, use the following command to install X11 repository:
pkg install x11-repo
A complete desktop environment can also be run in Termux. The only environment at this moment is XFCE. Use the following command to install this package:
pkg install xfce4
All the provided packages in Termux are cross-compiled with Android NDK and only have compatibility patches to get them working on Android. The Android operating system does not provide full access to its file systems, so Termux cannot install package files into standard directories such as /bin, /etc., /usr or /var. Instead, all files are installed into the private application directory located at: /data/data/com.termux/files/usr
Termux provides APT and dpkg for package management and installation. Termux is similar in usage to most of the modern Linux distributions, like Ubuntu and Debian based distributions, with the only major difference being that the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) found in the previously mentioned distributions, is not available in Termux. This means the locations of some directories are not the same as they are in Linux distributions.
- For installing packages in Termux, use the command: pkg install pkg_name
- For example, to install Python3: pkg install python3
- For updating and upgrading: pkg update && pkg upgrade
- For uninstalling packages: pkg uninstall pkg_name
- For listing packages: pkg list-all
TOOLS FOR HACKING
Termux allows you to install on your Android system many useful hacking tools like Metasploit framework, Wireshark, Nmap, Sqlmap, and many more.
Metasploit is one of the best and most used hacking tools right now as it is a complete framework that finds vulnerabilities and exploits related to them, amongst other hacking works. To install the Metasploit tool on your Termux application, use the following commands:
- pkg install unstable-repo
- pkg install Metasploit
- Nmap is a complete network mapping tool used for scanning ports and vulnerabilities in a network. The command used to install this tool is:
- pkg install nmap
Hydra is one of the best password cracking and brute-forcing tools. It supports different services like telnet, ssh, FTP, etc. For installing the hydra package in your Termux application, use the command:
pkg install hydra
Sqlmap is a tool used to find and inject SQL injection vulnerabilities in a database/web application. It cannot be installed directly like the previous two packages.
First Update, then install Python2 and Git, then clone Sqlmap git repository using the commands:
- pkg update
- pkg install python2
- pkg install git
- git clone https://github.com/sqlmapproject/sqlmap.git
- Then find and enter the sqlmap directory and run python2 sqlmap.py script using the following commands:
- ls (to list all directories)
- cd sqlmap (if you find the sqlmap directory in the list then type this command to enter the sqlmap directory)
- run python2 sqlmap.py (to run the sqlmap.py script)
Wireshark is a popular network analysis tool to capture network packets and display them at a granular level in a human-readable format for real-time or offline analysis. Install the Termux update and install the X-11 repository and then install the package. Type the following commands:
pkg install x11-repo (if this is not already installed)
apt install wireshark.
There are many other tools for hacking that are provided by Tool X, which is a python script that can be used in Kali Linux. To install in Termux just clone the git repository using the commands:
- pkg install git (if it is not already installed)
- git clone https://github.com/Rajkumrdusad/Tool-X.git
- cd Tool-X (to enter the Tool-X directory)
- chmod +x install.aex
- sh install.aex (if not work than type ./install.aex)
For more installation tools and command usage guide, refer to the wiki page of Termux.
Thus, we have seen the numerous applications of TERMUX For PC and the way it provides a world of possibilities in Android OS platforms.
Termux software is deemed the best application by more and more programmers and rightly so, considering the number of features we just listed in the article and many more to discover as the Termux using community is increasing day by day.
Hope that this article has been helpful to those venturing into the world of ethical hacking or using CLI in the Android OS platform.
Doing so may increase side effects. In fact, it is the first and only approved treatment designed for lupus. M ain t enance T he r apy A f t er H e al i ng of Duoden a l U l c e r Two double-blind randomized placebo-controlled U https://apotek24.org/kamagra/. If you miss a dose by more than 12 hours of the time you usually take it, wait and then take the next dose of Complera at the regularly scheduled time.
2 thoughts on “Download Termux For PC – Windows 7/8/10 and macOS”