Looking to Fix Minecraft Not Responding?
Being among the super popular creations by the Mojang Studios, Minecraft is a video game which has received a lot of praise and is loved by all.
But,a single error message spoils all the fun. “Minecraft Not Responding” keeps popping up every now and then and therefore, this requires it to be solved.
There are a million reasons for Minecraft to slow down, show error codes or not open.
The causes behind the non-responsiveness of Minecraft could be hardware related problems. There are a number of users who get the error message pretty frequently, just because they don’t have access to the latest and the updated hardware.
Minecraft uses Java software. Hence, if Java is either not correctly installed or an older version still exists, your gaming experience might face such error code issues.
Ensure that your Operating System (OS) is up to date and not facing issues. This could also be among the reasons to hinder Minecraft’s performance.
The video drivers require to be super strong and updated to their latest version for Minecraft to have a good launching platform. Or else, it becomes unresponsive and you might face more technical jargons. There are certain cases the main settings i.e. Administrator privileges have to provide an allowance for such gaming softwares to function in your device.
Now that we know a few reasons behind Minecraft’s non-responsiveness, we shall now help you out with some solutions so that you keep gaming and keep winning!
How To Fix Minecraft Not Responding
1. Try updating, uninstalling and reinstalling the application
One should always get into the habit of updating his/her application on any of the devices. Same goes with Minecraft. When your device consists of an old or outdated version of the application, you are required to update it as soon as possible. Mojang Studios keep introducing new updates pretty often. This is to give us the best and smooth gaming experience along with lesser annoying bugs.
Try updating the application through the steps below-
- Open the Minecraft LAUNCHER and go to OPTIONS.
- Choose FORCE UPDATES. This will allow the app to search for all the possible update options.
Once the update procedure ends, shut down your device. You may also restart the device and attempt to launch Minecraft. Check if the issue is resolved and you are not getting the error message again. If the error persists, try to uninstall the application and then reinstall it.
- Select the keys WINDOWS+R and then you will find a dialogue box. There, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and hit ENTER.
- Search for Minecraft and then choose UNINSTALL.
- Once done, let your device restart. Go to the official Minecraft website and download the latest and updated versionf it.
- of the game.
- Prior to installing the application, press the keys WINDOWS + R and then type “%appdata%” and then press the ENTER key. You will now have a directory of different terminologies appear in front of you. You will see 3 main folders named- Local, Locallow and Roaming.
- Open every folder and choose to DELETE the Minecraft folders within.
- Start your device one more time and install the game again with the help of Administrator privileges.
2. Try to update your video drivers
Every video game in the world requires a video driver. If your device consists of the old and outdated version of your video driver, your gaming experience will not be proper and hence you might receive error messages. You can choose any one way of doing the same.
You can update the driver manually or, you can go to the official site of your manufacturer, opt for a driver pack and then run the entire procedure.
If you choose to update it manually, follow the steps below for more clarity-
- Select the keys WINDOWS+R and then you will find a dialogue box. There, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit ENTER.
- Now, through the device manager window you can spot an option of DISPLAY ADAPTERS.
- After that, click (right) on GRAPHICS HARDWARE and then choose the option UPDATE DRIVER.
- Here, you have to make a choice between making use of WINDOWS UPDATE and let it automatically install the updated version of the driver or, you can go to the official site and click on the second option once you get your file downloaded.
- You can now try to open Minecraft systematically once you are done with the updating process of the app. This could help you solve the error message issue.
3. Try to disable Mods
Mods allow you to add in more texture as well as content into your gaming experience. It even lets you add in content which is customized by you.
They are extremely useful but they come with their own minus points and drawbacks. They may cause some glitches, because they have access to the core of the game and can be interactive directly.
Hence, disabling all the Mods installed could be a good decision to avoid such errors. You can make a choice between moving the Mods folder to any other directory from the Minecraft’s directory or, you can directly disable all the installed mods.
You can now try to open Minecraft systematically once you are done with the above process to eliminate any glitches. This could help you solve the error message issue henceforth.
4. Wait for a while
All the methods should help you out certainly. But id they don’t, try to be patient with Minecraft. There are a number of instances where the issue is resolved with a few minutess of not doing anything with the software but just waiting.
It requires time for Windows to troubleshoot the internal issues and hence, on trying to force the app to function will give you no results and you might assue that it is defective and requires bigger and more efficient solutions.
If the glitch is identified within a few seconds, it solves it within a short period of time. There are chances it might take the troubleshooting process some good minutes sometimes.
In such a case, solving the issue also would require some time. If you have plenty of time, you can try out this option. Of not, better go with the other ways to fix the issue which could save a lot of time and yield you better results as well.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS About How To Fix Minecraft Not Responding
1. My Minecraft Java is not responding. What shall I do?
Ans. Minecraft uses Java software. Hence, if Java is either not correctly installed or an older version still exists, your gaming experience might face such error code issues. You could also try out other solutions mentioned in the article above. Please do read it for further information and details.
2. I want to update my video driver for the better gaming experience. How to do it?
Ans. Hey! If your device consists of the old and outdated version of your video driver, your gaming experience will not be proper and hence you might receive error messages. You can choose any one way of doing the same.
You can update the driver manually or, you can go to the official site of your manufacturer, opt for a driver pack and then run the entire procedure. Check out the solution number 2 for much details about the same. Hope this helped you.
3. I have been waiting for 10 minutes for the error message to disappear but it isn’t. How can I fix this?
Ans. If you have plenty of time, you can try out this option. If not, better go with the other ways to fix the issue which could save a lot of time and yield you better results as well. Check out the other options above for more details.
Minecraft is a great application which serves you with a number of facilities. But like many errors and bugs, the error message ‘Minecraft not responding’ can disrupt your experience. This issue will hopefully be resolved with a newer update of the app. This method is practically easier and is proven to be the most effective one.
If you are really annoyed by the repeated error message, also attempt to uninstall it and reinstall it. This will help you find an updated version of the app with the newest features and a much more simplified design.
Above mentioned are the top five predominantly used methods to fix these bugs. Please do try implementing them if you want to avoid the errors which pop frequently.
This was our attempt to present to you, a concise concept of all the available information about the best possible and easily accessible ways to fix such bugs. Please do read all the details above for a complete picture about the concept and the various alternative ways to fix such issues.
Although we have put in our best efforts to introduce to you the best and most genuine information, there could be chances of faults and inaccuracy of data. Such mishaps are regretted and we therefore suggest our readers to always check with person who has good knowledge about the same, for a good and satisfied experience.