Las Vegas police have issued a warrant to obtain Cristiano Ronaldo’s DNA to see if it matches that found on the dress of his rape accuser, it has been reported.
According to the Wall Street Journal, authorities recently sent the warrant to the Italian court system, the country in which the Juventus superstar, 33, currently plays.
US model Kathryn Mayorga, 34, claims she was sexually assaulted by the £100m Portuguese footballer in a Las Vegas hotel room in the early hours of June 13, 2009.
Ronaldo strongly denies the allegations – calling them “fake news”.
Ms Mayorga, then 25, was working in Rain nightclub, inside the Palms Casino Resort and met the star in the venue’s VIP area.
Legal papers seen by The Sun state: “Cristiano Ronaldo pulled the plaintiff into a bedroom and on to a bed and attempted to engage in sexual intercourse.”
It said the plaintiff refused, tried to cover herself and was screaming: “No, no, no”.
It adds: “When Cristiano Ronaldo completed the sexual assault, he allowed her to leave the bedroom stating he was sorry, he was usually a gentleman.”
Leaked court papers suggest his legal team agreed to pay £287,000 to stop her pursuing charges and gagged her from speaking out — but did not admit any wrongdoing.
Vegas police re-opened the investigation into the case last year.
Ronaldo and his attorneys have repeatedly denied the allegations of rape.
The dress from the night of the alleged rape is a key piece of evidence in the police probe, the WSJ reports.
Police found DNA on the outfit which did not belong to Ms Mayorga, a law enforcement official said.
Once the DNA sample is collected, it will be sent to Vegas cops who will assess whether it matches that found on the model’s dress, the source said.
Ms Mayorga did report the alleged sex attack to police on the morning that she claims it occurred but did not pursue any charges against the footballer.